Lake Norman Regional Medical Center is dedicated to helping people rebuild their lives after illness and injury. We believe that recovery encompasses both mind and body, so our comprehensive services address both the mental and physical aspects of rehabilitation. Our rehabilitation team includes knowledgeable, caring professionals who are dedicated to maximizing gains in range of motion, strength and return to function in a minimal amount of time.
Lake Norman Physical Rehabilitation Center offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services that spans all levels of treatment, including the areas's only pediatric physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy programs in one location. Our 6,200-square-foot rehab facility includes private treatment rooms, a pool, changing rooms, an open gym area, and therapy equipment. Whether surgery, a serious injury, or debilitating illness has brought a patient to our facility, we work with each individual to customize a recovery plan that will speed his or her recovery.
We offer many programs, including:
- Physical therapy to treat patient of all ages.
- Occupational therapy to help patients regain independence with everyday tasks.
- Speech therapy tp assist patient suffering from speech/;anaguage concerns.
- Senior safety and fall prevention to develop strength, functional body mechanics and improved reaction.
- Pelvic floor dysfunction therapy to normalize the muscle tone of the pelvic floor and restore balance between the pelvis, low back and hips.
- Certified vestibular therapy (VRT) to treat dizziness and balance disorders.
- Certified lymphedema management through complete decongestive therapy (CDT) and a certified lymphedema specialist.
- Peripheral neuropathy using laser technology and other therapies to restore function of the peripheral nerves.
- Aquatic therapy in a 92-degree endless pool to help patients accelerate rehabilitation and maximize gains.
- Pediatric therapy ito help children suffering from sttention concerns and speech or motor delays.